...

.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

he needed a matisse maybe

Ivan Navarro - Artificial Light at Anderson Gallery
A collector visiting John Ravenal's Artificial Light, now in Miami, SAT on one of Ivan Navarro's black-light chairs. It was crushed... that must have been so embarassing.

"What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or disturbing subject-matter...like a comforting influence, a mental balm-something like a good armchair in which one rests from physical fatigue." - Matisse

Artificial Light in Richmond - Jennifer Allora, Guillermo Calzadilla, Spencer Finch, Ceal Floyer, Jenny Holzer, Ivan Navarro, Nathaniel Rackowe.

1 comment:

Michael McDevitt said...

You broke it; you bought it. I bet that cost him a pretty penny.
It reminds me of the hole that collector Steve Wynn recently put in a Picasso with his elbow... just after he had sold it. He is quoted in the New Yorker as saying ‘I can’t believe I just did that. Oh, shit. Oh, man.’