...

.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

DUMBO show

I'm included in an upcoming show at DUMBO -

"Work In Progress", D.U.M.B.O. Arts Center
Artists: Martin Bromirski, Tom Burckhardt, Chrissy Conant, Byron Kim, Joao Onofre, Douglas Paulson & Ward Shelley.
Curator: Jessica Hough, Curatorial Director of the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
March 25th-May 7th, Opening Reception March 25th, 6-9pm

"The exhibition provides an opportunity to glance inside the process of both art making and artist’s block, moments of acclaim and those of isolation. Here the artists have held up a mirror to themselves and generated work that reflects on their own lives"

This is the show I was talking about here, before I knew for sure what I'd be exhibiting, and my contribution is more than originally thought (and will include a painting or two).

Barry Hoggard has used one of my images for his ArtCal listing! Wow! You need to scroll down past the Chelsea listings to get to Dumbo. I guess that means I will need to include that painting in the show, which is GREAT because that is the same painting that swam in the ocean, received a thumbs-up from George Clinton, didn't sell at Aqua, and was represented by Matthew Marks. I enjoy things that happen to paintings after they are made, their "experiences" out in the world. This painting is having a FULL LIFE.

9 comments:

Hans said...

This is a very special and beautiful painting, Martin. It reminds me from (very very far) to the late works of my adored Picabia. I hope it will sell on that show to some of the smarter collectors. Best regards, Hans

Anonymous said...

Hans - Picabia. Whoah, that is a very nice and welcome thing to here. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!! Makes me smile...

Joseph Barbaccia said...

Great Googly Moogly Martin! Thats wonderful news. Have fun at the opening. How did you get involved with DAC? I heard they're a pretty tight knit group.

fairy butler said...

hi martin, tried to comment earlier and the thingy wouldn't let me. anyway... congrats on the show! i will definitely make it a point to go and see your work.

roberta said...

hey, congratulations, martin!! go meatballs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everybody!

FB - I sent the curator links to some of your posts, I think your blog would have fit good in that show, but I think it was too late.

(no names, just fb)

Anonymous said...

Martin! Great news. Congratulations & will definitely see.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!