...

.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

February's First Friday, 2006

Carrie Mae Weems
Carrie Mae Weems at Hand Workshop, 6-8pm, 1812 W. Main St - I saw a big show of her stuff at Williams College a few years ago, so this will be nice.

Lauren Duckworth at Main Art, 7-9pm, 1537 W. Main St. Catered by Baja Beans! Free beer! Delicious meatballs!

Group show of paintings and sculpture at Casablanca Coffee, 5pm, 1106 W. Main St - this is the space being run by Dennis Matthews and friends, mostly PAPR undergrads. EXCELLENT place to buy paintings on a budget. I want a Kaylee Pickinpaugh really bad.

Kate Horne at Nonesuch, 7-10pm, 918 W. Grace - she will be exhibiting her latest ceramics - vampires, unicorns, werewolves, and Plantman. This is one of my favorite places. I like everything about it. I'm sorry I never got to posting on the Pat Berran show.

Pat Berran
Pat Berran

Disrobed at Gallery5 - a NUDE art show, with paintings, photos, videos , and live nudes. I think they are going to have like ten nude models painted by students from the Tom Savini School of Special Effects. They can't move, they have to stand still like statues, because if they move it would be considered a strip show. I think I will mostly be here. Starting at 7pm, and continues late into the night with bands and hopefully lots of nudity. 200 W. Marshall St.

ADA had it's opening last week, so I'm not sure if they will be open this Friday night. Most likely they WILL be. Lots of good stuff up there right now - Kirsten Kindler, Matthew Fisher, Steve Roebuck, Jered Sprecher, Warren Craghead... and MORE.

NOT OPENING, BUT UP -

Michele Arthur at Chop Suey - I regret not posting on the drawing show that just closed. Not that I loved it at all, just wanted to talk about it.

Tanja Softic at Reynolds Gallery

A wonderful show of prints from the collection at Anderson Gallery. Also a video installation by Bob Paris.

1 comment:

Painter said...

Matin, Last night I had a dream that you got into that studio thing you applied for. Good luck.