...

.

Monday, December 19, 2005

i am the missing meatball

.
I can't believe Fleisher/Ollman Gallery is having a show called Meatball without me!!!

As stated in the Scope Miami post, I have long loved this gallery. I love it so much that I have sent slides to them for fifteen years, even though they have shown outsider and self-taught artists almost exclusively. Here are some of my rejections* from them -

1991
from 1991

1994
from 1994

1999
from 1999

2004
from 2004

date unknown
date unknown

Aaack, the irony. Not only are they finally showing local "schooled" artists, but they are calling the show Meatball!!!

RELATED: Meatball participant P. Timothy Gierschick's blog, Libby's Meatball review, a photo of Libby (and Roberta) with the REAL meatballs, the REAL meatballs, Meatballs at Stuffy's explanation, announcement/coupon, and installation photos.

*These are not bad rejections, as far as rejections go; handwritten notes from the director are way better than photocopied form letters - thanks, John Ollman!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin,
I have been rejected by them too. This was with a special recommendation by a famous Philly artist. Alas.

Annette Monnier said...

Hey they rejected me as well, without even bothering to send a letter. . .

Martin said...

i haven't applied since they've started showing non-outsider art. not as fun anymore.