...

.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

ABMB: Art Basel Miami Beach II

Erwin Wurm
Erwin Wurm video of an existential talking house. Am I a house, or am I art? Very very good.

Matthew Barney
Matthew Barney at (?). Better looks here, here, and here.

Yuko Murata
Yuko Murata at Gallery Side 2 - nicely represented with a lot of simple quiet paintings, some with cute points like bats and flying squirrels.

Barbara Kruger
Barbara Kruger at (?)

Maglano-Ovalle

CAL8EHX3
Inigo Maglano-Ovalle at (?) - here is a detail of the sound equipment pictured in the second one. So quiet, it was easy to be alone with these pictures, taken far away.

Marina Abramovic
Marina Abramovic at Sean Kelley(?) - freaking slow and hot Erotic Balkan Epic, or something.

Katharina Grosse
Katharina Grosse at Galerie Nachst St. Stephan. Here's another one.

Malcolm Morley
Malcolm Morley at Xavier Hufkens. This is an exciting painting, I love it. Here's a detail.

CA7YQPNB
Sooooo many beautiful girls in Miami. Everywhere.

Tal R
Tal R at Contemporary Fine Arts. The paintings and the sculptures.

Norbert Schwentkowski
Norbert Schwentkowski at Contemporary Fine Arts. This reminded me of Hans Heiner Buhr's work. Hey, Hans - I can't find the airplane paintings on your site. Where are they?

Schwentkowski also did this Osama painting, which has a glittery-ish purple sheen in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selfishly, I wish you went to Pulse!! You could have seen my wares. You are great for covering it all Martin. I love your pictures. Do you have any good stories to tell?

Congrats on the George Clinton pix. He seems realy groovy.

Martin said...

Mountain Man - I didn't know you were showing at Pulse until just earlier today when I checked your blog!!

I'm sorry!!!