...

.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Uncle's House


My Uncle's House, originally uploaded by Bromirski.
Above is a photo of my uncle's Pass Christian home. Here is their street. I'm just going to post the following e-mail excerpt forwarded this morning by my mom and another uncle -

"Last night Marion sent along pictures from a visit to the street they called home. A few family members went down to the coast just for the day to deliver some supplies to needy friends and see first hand what has happened to their home.

You can see these kinds of images in all the media but, when you cans see the outline of the rooms we used to sleep in and the kitchen we swapped stories in, well it's an overwhelming feeling.

The house was a six room single floor "ranch" of brick construction. On this street (1/2 mile long) one death has been recorded and two people are missing. Multiply this by all the neighborhoods and... wow!"

No comments: