...

.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

touched by Daniel Buren!

Martin Bromirski
I brought this painting to the Daniel Buren talk Thursday and tried to get him to let me take a picture of him holding it and making a "thumbs-up" sign but he wouldn't do it. He touched it though!

He posed for a photo with me fortunately and I'll be sure to post that twenty-six disposable camera photos from now. I was wearing a striped shirt. I've previously posted images of my work from 2003 and 2004; this one is from 2005 and more indicative of my most recent work. It's only about 10"x14".

The talk was great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you ask him to pose like that? You are a funny one.

Anonymous said...

Why did he ask him? Two words: Thumbs-up Mandala.

Anonymous said...

Ham Paw? You are a tool.

fairy butler said...

I like this idea of having other artists touch your art. Maybe you can create a collection of art touches?

Martin said...

Nate is right about the Thumbs-Up Mandala (he's seen it). I try to get powerful artists to affirm my work with a thumbs up photo. These photos are arranged in a mandala.

Not all of them will pose with a thumbs up, but if they touch the painting it's still good. Some of their power will rub off.

This magic is anti-rejection.

Cynthia said...

You are a god.

BTW, 10 x 14 is my favorite size for little paintings.